The Referral specialist connects to referrals to gather patient information before moving them along the onboarding process.
- Making/taking inbound and outbound calls daily. Volume will ideally be 100-200 outbound calls daily depending on contact rate.
- Initiates call to new referrals as quickly as possible
- Pre-qualifies referrals before moving on to Client Advocate
- Responsible for data entry for new referrals
- Performing benefit checks for newly referred patients
- Give great customer service to all stakeholders via phone.
- Enter information accurately and timely
- Print out and assemble documents and fax to appropriate persons.
- Contact physician offices via fax and/or phone as needed
- Contact insurance offices via fax and/or phone as needed
- Adhere to policies and procedures of Hopebridge
- Assist in providing a safe environment for all staff
- Assist with problem solving to improve efficiency and morale within the office
- Portray a positive attitude and maintain a customer and co-worker satisfaction level that limits adverse situations or complaints
- Promote Hopebridge philosophies, generating team spirit and creating and maintaining and environment that fosters staff satisfaction, maximizes productivity and profitability
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA and Government guidelines/regulations
- Attend weekly meetings and training as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer Service Skills
- Computer Ability
- Attention to Detail
- Attitude toward Others
- Commitment to the Job
- Time Management
- Handling Stress
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Salesforce experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This is a largely sedentary role, however some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times due to a busy office. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
The above statements reflect general functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in this job. The immediate supervisor may elaborate on or add to the above list if the duties come within the employee’s realm of responsibility.
Hopebridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.