This position provides expert support in managing the schedule for Hopebridge clinics. The Scheduler will develop a strong rapport with patients and clinics and will execute tasks to ensure appointment accuracy.
- Work to complete specified tasks needed to manage therapist and patient schedules for Hopebridge clinics
- Work with supervisor and clinic managers to optimize schedule
- Maintain calendars for assigned centers to ensure appointment accuracy
- Create and review appointments in Hopebridge software to support internal teams
- Receive inbound phone calls for patient cancellations and schedule change request
- Document all communication with patient families for audit purposes
- Follow specific tasks as outlined in computer workflow software
- Enter information accurately and timely
- Monitor all tasks using workflow software and meet the deadlines associated with tasks
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Attends department staff meetings as required
- Attends monthly staff meetings as required
- Conducts self in accordance with Hopebridge’s employee manual
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA and Government guidelines/regulations
- Maintain a clear criminal record
- Other duties as assigned
- Communication proficiency
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- Effective listening
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Problem solving
- Customer service/client focus
- Attitude towards others
- Strong collaboration ability
- Time management/organizational skills
- Strong clerical/administrative skills
Required Education and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior call center systems and experience
- Basic Excel knowledge
- Medical terminology knowledge
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position.
Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times due to a busy office. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.