The VP of Revenue Cycle is responsible for the enterprise-wide performance of all revenue cycle related functions, including insurance verifications, authorizations, billing, posting, and collections. As a member of the company’s leadership team the VP will champion revenue management and billing compliance improvement initiatives to help the organization meet its short and long-term goals as it rapidly scales. The VP will lead the daily operations across the revenue cycle, and will also drive further development and refinement of the staffing model, training curriculum, talent attraction and retention strategies, business processes, and supporting technology. In doing so, the VP will have an influential role in shaping Hopebridge’s relationships with key revenue cycle business partners. Similarly, the VP will frequently interact with payers to escalate systemic issues and over time establish constructive working relationships.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyze data and KPIs daily to ensure the revenue cycle functions are operating as intended.
- Lead the AR team to achieve the billing and collection goals integrated into the treasury planning model.
- Champion business process improvements and cross-functional streamlining to improve performance.
- Escalate payer issues when appropriate to provider representatives to accelerate resolution. Establish working relationships with executive counterparts.
- Establish quality assurance practices to ensure department activity meets quality standards.
- Collaborate with IT and Contracting departments to make system and process changes to optimize revenue across all payers.
- Lead the ongoing development of standard operating procedures and devote adequate resources for ongoing training and QA.
- Convert existing manual processes with more efficient automated ones making use of RPA or newer emerging technologies to gain efficiency.
- Structure the department on a set schedule not just for staff work shifts but also for essential department functions such as credit refunds, write-offs, and month-end close tasks.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for revenue cycle performance, staying current on industry best practices and market trends that will guide Hopebridge’s revenue cycle function’s ongoing development.
- Manage staff through selection, training, and evaluation to drive performance improvement and ensure compliance with Hopebridge policies and procedures.
- Own the budget for the Revenue Cycle function.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s Degree preferred)
- At least ten years work experience in a healthcare billing and collection environment
- At least three years of extensive supervisory experience with quantifiable leadership results
- Word processing, Excel, and computer skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in business or healthcare administration
- History of wide-scale healthcare revenue cycle process improvements with quantified results
- Experience with healthcare billing and collection system conversions
- Previous success operating to and improving service level agreements within and between departments
- Previous responsibility for interacting with provider reps and demonstrated results in tackling complex system issues between payer and provider
- Knowledge of clearing house functionality and history of performance improvement with EDI
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position.
Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times due to a busy office. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The above statements reflect general functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in this job. The immediate supervisor may elaborate on or add to the above list if the duties come within the employee’s realm of responsibility.
Hopebridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.