Benefits of Coloring for Children with Autism
We love coloring! Whether it’s in our autism therapy centers or at home, coloring is a great way to engage children. While it can be entertaining for individuals across a spectrum of ages and abilities, there can be added benefits for those with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other developmental delays.
- Serves as a calming outlet to help manage stress and anxiety
- Prepares children for school by increasing their fine motor skills
- Provides an opportunity to practice mindfulness and quiet time
- Increases focus
- Provides an opportunity for kids to express themselves
- Adaptable for a range of abilities