Occupational Therapist (Registered) - RoswellRoswell, GA • Outpatient Therapy
Provide occupational therapy evaluations and treatment to pediatric outpatient clients as well as prepare and maintain records and reports pertaining to patient evaluation and treatment plans.
- Conduct occupational therapy evaluations of clients referred to occupational therapy
- Conduct re-evaluations of patients on a regular basis, as recommended
- Conduct individual and/or group therapy sessions according to individual needs
- Participate in staff meetings and conferences indicated to review progress
- Provide assistance to staff regarding concerns pertaining to occupational therapy and assist staff in maintaining open communication with parents concerning occupational therapy problems
- Conduct in-service training for staff, parents and others as necessary and requested
- Supervise occupational therapy students and maintain records on students supervised
- Supervise COTA’s and OTA’s and maintain documentation as outlined
- Perform duties at multiple locations, as needed
- Operate all therapy equipment according to manufacturers and center guidelines
- Prepare reports of evaluation and reevaluations
- Prepare other reports relative to occupational therapy
- Maintain accurate records of services provided for statistical and billing purposes
- Maintain current daily notes
- Assist with IEP development
- Plan and conduct special education programs related to occupational therapy for staff and the community upon request
- Attend meetings and training as requested
- Adhere to policies and procedures of Hopebridge
- Assist in providing a safe environment for all patients and staff
- Assist with problem solving to improve efficiency within the Center
- Portray a positive attitude and maintain a customer and coworker satisfaction level that limits adverse situations or complaints
- Promote Center philosophies, generating team spirit and creating and maintaining and environment that fosters staff satisfaction, maximizes productivity and profitability
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy
- Currently licensed occupational therapist and registered with the American Occupational Therapy Association and certified by the Georgia Occupational Therapy Committee
- Maintain a negative Tuberculosis screening according to the CDC
- Obtain and possess and maintain current CPR/First Aid certification and re-certification every 2 years
- Successful completion and maintenance of Safety Care Training
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
- Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: applying assessment instruments; operating specialized equipment used in the treatment of communication disorders; operating standard office equipment including pertinent computer software; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: anatomy and physiology of speech and hearing mechanisms and disorders; principles and practices of speech and language therapy; and pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws.
- Flexibility is required to specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; utilizing specialized equipment in communication disorders; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; working as part of a team; working with detailed information.
- Attention to Detail - the ability to see and pay attention to details; the ability to recognize the component parts of a procedure or object, and to verify the correctness or error in an individual part or procedure
- Attitude Toward Others - maintaining a positive, open, and objective attitude toward others
- Commitment to the Job - motivation from within oneself to stay focused and committed to a task
- Emotional Control - the ability to maintain a rational and objective demeanor when faced with stressful or emotional situations; a measure of self-composure in a difficult situation and the ability to act objectively, rather than impulsively or emotionally
- Enjoyment of the Job - the feeling that one's job is both fulfilling and rewarding and that it has a positive and useful benefit.
- Flexibility - the ability to readily modify, respond to, and integrate change with minimal personal resistance
- Handling Stress - the ability to balance and defuse inner tensions and stresses; the ability to appropriately separate yourself from stressful situations and maintain your own sense of inner peace.
- Must have full physical dexterity/agility or be able to independently position self and perform all movements required (bending, kneeling, computer typing, standing, fetching documents from file cabinets).
- Must have sufficient corrected or uncorrected vision to carry out all duties and responsibilities.
- Need to be able to lift and carry pediatric population (weight ranging from 5 to 50 lbs.)
- Multidisciplinary clinic that uses collaborative approach
- Inside office workplace where patients meet with therapists
- Comfortable environment for children and parents