In-Home Behavior Technician - Fort Wayne, IN (Training Provided)Fort Wayne, IN • In Home
*Training provided - Flexible hours - Competitive pay rate up to $21.50/hr
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete daily acquisition skills, maintenance, and mastered skills as directed by BCBA
- Collect accurate data on a daily basis
- Complete all data sheets, programming sheets, and progress notes daily
- Follow behavior plan, individualized treatment plan, and reinforcement schedule as prescribed
- Implement appropriate teaching strategies and behavior modification approaches
- Complete all programing requests from BCBAs and Program Coordinators in a timely manner
- Maintain organization of patient binder and ensure proper storage of binder at the end of each day.
- Adhere to policies and procedures of Hopebridge
- Assist in providing a safe environment for all patients and staff
- Assist with problem solving to improve efficiency
- Portray a positive attitude and maintain a customer and co-worker satisfaction level that limits adverse situations or complaints
- Promote Hopebridge philosophies, generating team spirit and creating and maintaining and environment that fosters staff satisfaction, maximizes productivity and profitability
- Attend weekly meetings and training as requested
- Attention to Detail - the ability to see and pay attention to details; the ability to recognize the component parts of a procedure or object, and to verify the correctness or error in an individual part or procedure
- Attitude Toward Others - maintaining a positive, open, and objective attitude toward others
- Commitment to the Job - motivation from within oneself to stay focused and committed to a task
- Emotional Control - the ability to maintain a rational and objective demeanor when faced with stressful or emotional situations; a measure of self-composure in a difficult situation and the ability to act objectively, rather than impulsively or emotionally
- Enjoyment of the Job - the feeling that one's job is both fulfilling and rewarding and that it has a positive and useful benefit.
- Flexibility - the ability to readily modify, respond to, and integrate change with minimal personal resistance
- Handling Stress - the ability to balance and defuse inner tensions and stresses; the ability to appropriately separate yourself from stressful situations and maintain your own sense of inner peace.
Required Education and Experience
- Must hold a current RBT certification according to the BACB (training provided)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a minimum of a High School diploma
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is highly preferred (ABA, Behavioral Health, Education, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Speech Language Pathology, etc.)
- Must possess excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Prior positive interactions and experience with the pediatric population
Other Job Requirements
- Maintain a negative Tuberculosis screening according to the CDC
- Obtain and possess and maintain current CPR/First Aid certification and re-certification every 2 years
- Successful completion and maintenance of the Hopebridge preferred physical management training program
- Must adhere to our Personal Vehicle Policy
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part time position, Monday through Friday and with occasional Saturdays in the patient home. Additional time or flex schedules may be required to complete the above work or meet company objectives
- Requires driving to and from patient primary residence daily
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position. May need to lift pediatric population at times (up to 50 lbs).
Work is performed in a home and clinical environment. Work may be stressful at times due to home environment with patients.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The above statements reflect general functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in this job. The immediate supervisor may elaborate on or add to the above list if the duties come within the employee’s realm of responsibility.
Hopebridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.