The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) will assume a key role in our organization as diagnostician. This candidate will need to have experience in child and adolescent assessment. Reporting to the Chief Clinical Officer, the PMHNP will provide assessments to directly inform diagnosis of autism and determine eligibility for autism treatment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Conduct assessments for patients referred for ABA services using standardized measures.
· Participate in the development, implementation & monitoring of evidence-based clinical models of care, practice guidelines, and ethical clinical standards to meet consumer needs and to ensure best practices throughout the organization.
· Within areas of responsibility, ensure staff knowledge of and adherence to clinical & operational best practices, internal and external policies, procedures, ethical standards, laws, regulations, contract provisions, standards, accreditation requirements, and the organization's corporate compliance plan
· Ensure that diagnostic clinical services and products meet the needs and expectations of customers and stakeholders, as determined by internal/external needs assessments, surveys and performance improvement initiatives
· Participate in the design and implementation of clinical outcomes studies and other performance improvement initiatives to meet the needs and expectations of the organization and the persons it serves.
· Participate in community, professional, or other activities to advance the interests of the organization and those it serves.
· Participate in the establishment, maintenance, and evaluation of the organization's plan for professional services, including credentialing, clinical staffing meetings, peer review, and other essential clinical processes.
· Provide ongoing leadership, professional development, and other supports to persons supervised.
· Adhere to the rules, regulations, policies, and processes outlined in the Hopebridge policy and procedure manual.
· Protect patient rights and privacy according to HIPAA regulations, and Hopebridge policy and procedures manual
· Assist with problem solving to improve efficiency within the clinic
· Portray a positive attitude and maintain a patient and co-worker satisfaction level that limits adverse situations or complaints
· Generate team spirit through creating and maintaining an environment that fosters staff satisfaction, maximizes productivity and profitability
· Attend special education programs and in-service trainings related to the clinic
- Attention to Detail - the ability to see and pay attention to details; the ability to recognize the component parts of a procedure or object, and to verify the correctness or error in an individual part or procedure
- Attitude Toward Others - maintaining a positive, open, and objective attitude toward others
- Emotional Control - the ability to maintain a rational and objective demeanor when faced with stressful or emotional situations; a measure of self-composure in a difficult situation and the ability to act objectively, rather than impulsively or emotionally
- Enjoyment of the Job - the feeling that one's job is both fulfilling and rewarding and that it has a positive and useful benefit.
- Flexibility - the ability to readily modify, respond to, and integrate change with minimal personal resistance
- Handling Stress - the ability to balance and defuse inner tensions and stresses; the ability to appropriately separate yourself from stressful situations and maintain your own sense of inner peace.
- Developing Others - Develops the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods
Required Education and Experience
- Current unrestricted Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner License and Board Certification through the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Must have/ maintain a valid BLS certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Successfully manage travel schedule and needs of Centers
Preferred Education & Experience
· Pediatric behavioral health experience
· ADOS 2