Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Fellow - ConyersConvers, GA • RBT Fellow
The RBT Fellow is part of the Clinical Leadership team that consists of BCBAs/BCaBAs, Associate Consultant(s), and a Trainer who support the RBTs and patients within a clinic. The RBT Fellow receives supervision in accordance with the BACB standards from a BCBA while assisting with a team of RBTs and patients. Half (50%) of the RBT Fellow’s week will consist of providing 1:1 therapy with patients. The other half (50%) of the week will be assisting the BCBA in completing consultations, parent trainings, training for RBTs, assessments, writing programs, report writing, data analysis, creating program materials, and any other assigned activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide 1:1 ABA therapy to children under the clinical supervision of a BCBA or BCaBA
- Complete daily acquisition skills, maintenance, and mastered skills as directed by BCBA/BCaBA
- Collect accurate data on a daily basis
- Follow behavior plan, individualized treatment plan, and reinforcement schedule as prescribed
- Implement appropriate teaching strategies and behavior modification approaches
- Encourage a team environment by providing assistance to any patient or ongoing training to RBTs as required or requested, and to assist in continually improving the skills set of all RBTs within the clinic.
- Provides recommendations for staff development needs to BCBA and Center Manager to review and discuss with employees based on observations, competency tools, and Hopebridge’s guidelines.
- Assist in the creation, implementation and training of data collection systems for skill acquisition and behavior reduction; analyze data and collaborate with BCBA to modify treatment goals as necessary
- Assist in the development of Individualized Treatment Plans and Behavior Support Plans for patients on caseload; update and document progress to funding sources as required
- Assist BCBA in the administration of behavioral and skills assessments, including but not limited to Functional Behavior Assessments, Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales, Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP), Essentials for Living (EFL), and Assessment of Functional Living Skills (AFLS)
- Under the guidance of the BCBA, provide face-to-face consultation to therapists for each patient on caseload; review documentation and data collection and provide feedback as needed
- Collaborate with members of the ABA therapy team and interdisciplinary teams as necessary to review patient progress and treatment goals
- Complete all patient billing documentation daily
- Assists with ABA weekly team trainings.
- Stays current in research and training regarding implementation of ABA principles.
- Illustrates Hopebridge’s belief in the delivery of high quality therapeutic services through both the articulation and the demonstration of operational aspects of training.
- Develops positive working relationships with all employees and departments, maintaining collaborative professional relationships at Hopebridge.
- Models exemplary employee performance through own performance, professionalism, and appropriate communication outlined within Hopebridge’s employee handbook.
- Attends staff meetings, trainings, and other meetings as requested
- Attains and achieves position competencies in relation to role responsibilities.
- May be requested to assist with 1:1 therapy as needed within the clinic.
- Completes additional job duties as assigned by Manager, or requested by BCBAs
Excellent Communication and Written Skills
Working with a Team
Attention to Detail
Commitment to Job
Attitude Towards Others
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s program leading towards BCBA certification
- Completion of 4 graduate courses in the field of behavior analysis (i.e., 2 completed semesters)
- Maintenance of 3.0 GPA in Master’s program
- RBT credential required
- Demonstrated behavior analytic skills
- Must comply with requirements of the Hopebridge BAF program
- Knowledgeable of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) methodologies and curriculum found to benefit children diagnosed with ASD.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion pertaining to the work environment and maintain all HIPAA requirements
- Adhere to Ethical Guidelines set forth by the BACB organization
- Maintain a negative Tuberculosis screening according to the CDC
- Obtain or possess current CPR/First Aid certification and maintain re-certification every 2 years
- Successful completion and maintenance of Safety Care Training
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position. May need to lift pediatric population at times (up to 50 lbs). Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, upon request.
Work is performed in an office and clinical environment. Work may be stressful at times due to a busy office or clinic environment with patients. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
The above statements reflect general functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in this job. The immediate supervisor may elaborate on or add to the above list if the duties come within the employee’s realm of responsibility.
Hopebridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.