What is Autism?
What are the Signs of Autism?
Learn how to recognize the potential signs of autism in your child.
Early Behavior and Communication Challenges to Look for in Babies and Toddlers
The sound of the first cry. The first time the eyes blink open. The first tooth that pokes through. The first bite of food (more than likely followed by the first spit of food). The first word spoken aloud. Those first steps.
Early identification of autism and other delays is key when it comes to your kiddo’s overall development. Throughout your child’s first 15-24 months, here are a few things to watch:
- An absence of smiles or avoidance of eye contact
- Lack of communication skills
- Preference of alone time over playing with other children
- Negative behaviors sparked by change in route or routine
- Sensory issues to lights, sounds, smells, textures, and tastes
If you’ve read through these early signs and are still interested in learning more about a diagnostic analysis, please fill out this form or reach out to your pediatrician for a referral.